BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:26:17 EST
In a message dated 3/14/2000 2:41:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<  It is also best
 to strip with heat  >>

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy!

My favorite topic.  A friend of mine who is/was a medical writer was using a
heat gun to strip the paint inside his house about 20 years ago, and after a
while felt lightheaded.  He continued for a few days, and developed worse
symptoms, which he recognized as possible signs of lead poisoning. Went to
see Dr. Lead (actual name Irving Selikoff, now deceased) in NYC, one of his
scientific advisors, and it turned out that my bud had huge levels of lead in
his blood.

The heat gun (which was sold as safer than carcinogenic strippers, because it
worked at relatively low temperatures and therefore only melted the lead
rather than burning it off [or some such]) turned out to vaporize the lead,
and little leadlets were all over his house, as well as his clothes, skin,
hair, food, etc.  It took him quite a long time, and lots of lead flushing,
to get this stuff out of his system.

And yeah, yeah, I know youse all use it outdoors with plenty of ventilation
and HEPA masks, and Space Suits, and all that safety stuff, but I ain't
buyin'.  And don't grow no veggies anywhere near where you've done this
stripping, neither.

Sign me,

Better Red than Lead