BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 06:04:12 +0000
Piotr,

Thanks for the analysis. I cannot tell if you are taking serious
offense, or participating in the wordplay by pushing the discussion into
new areas. The discussion prior had been about our personal experiences
of theater as bumbling actors, not specifically about sexual deviance. I
realize that arriving new to BP you may be out of context. Though Gab &
Eti have a tendency of veering off in their adventures, one BP
preservationeer advised that as long as they were not mating they should
be left alone. At least your remarks were not as sedentary as saying, "I
don't understand this crap."

The participative theater that I do enjoy is going on a pre-bid
walkthrough with other contractors. We usually do not expose ourselves
during these events. In fact, the theatrics range from blatant outspoken
bragging about projects, to intense silence and reserve. The moves may
be calculated, or simply ludicrous. As for formal theater, I prefer
performing poetry alone and without a gaggle of other poets to fight
over time. I also do not like performing in bars. I tend to read aloud
in kitchens.

If one is tuned to the romantic tendency to encode words with added
meanings in order to express oneself in an oppressive environment then
benign speach in a free environment easily becomes overwraught with
extra meaning. I see this as a cultural conflict that may need
resolution in order for us to be at peace with each other. Possibly I
should stop reading Rabelais and O'Brian at the same time.

Regardless, I am behaved enough, most of the time, to be allowed into
many public establishments without hassles, including this one.

][<en Follett