BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2007 07:08:12 -0500
Cuyler Page wrote:
> I guess that was the very beginning of the Stupid Era that has led to
> the Safe Recess issue today.
Cuyler,

You remind me of jumping off the Beebe Lake bridge. That was always a
thrill and for a few of us led to the jump off the cliff at the Six Mile
River reservoir just above the dam. I'm not sure if that was 100' or not
but it always felt like it. Of course in the early 70's you had to do it
nude and in a slightly altered state of mind. I'm not talking alcohol.

As to sledding I did my part on stealing the cafeteria trays for the run
down the library slope.

As kids in Besemer our playground was the creek with the woods with the
steep walls of the earth with trees and roots. Sledding for me meant
figuring out how many trees I could miss. Kind of a challenge to carom
off the trees or grab them as you go by and use them to swing around in
another direction to avoid a big rock. We did have safer places to sled
but they got boring fairly early on. That was all good and fine till one
day on what appeared to be a perfectly open run I ran face first into a
wood pile. [That is why I don't look like Rudy.] My last sledding
adventure was on a grand hill out near T-burg where this fellow had
built a geodesic dome. I spent like 14 hours sledding. We had a bonfire
there going as well as the wood stoves stoked. It was one hell of a
party with good people and good music.

Out here in Spastic Beach the snow don't stay long enough and the
mountains are flat. I do hear them this morning hunting geese down at
the shoreline marsh.

][<en