BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:04:53 EST
To show you how little I know about famous people  at the Spirit of the City
dinner one year I sat down with my glass of wine at a table of  some nicely
dressed people to talk about the Stone mason program at the Cathedral St,John.
Well we all got talking story ; laughing  with carry on  and then parted when
the MC got up and after a brief mono introduced  Billy Joel and Christie
Brinkly the very people I was talking to ;  duh....and that ain't all

A year later at the same event I sat at a table in tux talking with an
elegant black man of I guess late 60's . He were talking Harlem ; the old days and
on and on then the lights got dim and he excused himself  because "he had to go
do his thing"
next thing I know this guy gets up and sings "Stormy Weather"  turns out it
was Cab Calloway(now deceased).....and that aint all

Working on a elegant pre war across from central park I needed access to
certain apartments
 I went into one apartment and there was a secretary (female body guard) also
a woman and a baby in the bed room ; I had to go through the bed room to get
at my rig   Again we talked story about kid s and hows the job going ;I guess
foe 15 mins or so .when I got down from the rig ; the architect and building
super was there ;seems I supposed to tell them first if I was going to Maddonas
apartment......

What I gained  for being a dunderhead was that all these people immediately
know if they are "recognized "and it must be a breath of fresh air to be
treated  well normal
thats my two cent anyway Michael.