BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yes, we set off an A-bomb but we are really sorry about it.
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:17:32 -0200
Brian,

I read Romeo & Juliet sitting in a woods in a grove of Hemlocks next to
a stream. I felt really bad when the tall Hemlock in our side yard here
on LI died.

Comic books: as a kid we did not have a whole lot of books in the house.
I have made up for that. My stepfather worked as a machinist for a while
and once the machines were set up there were long hours of sitting and
waiting for them to spit out their little goodies. As a result the crew
bought and read comic books. My stepfather would bring them home. So we
had piles and piles of comic books. At the school library I was well
known for burning my way through the shelves, but at home it was Classic
Comics that introduced me to 'literature.' I remember my Born Again
(Methodist) side of a grandmother used to get upset that we were reading
those filthy comics and destroying our brains. I also very clearly
remember her telling me about how she was visited by three devils in the
night... little guys not unlike an ET-abduction scene. She also slapped
me around one time for reading Freud in the back pews during church
service. And -- our bathroom had two doors on it you could never tell
what was going on and she slapped me around for walking in on her one
day. You have to be cautious what you read, and where.

Though we did not have many books we did have the Marquis de Sade hidden
in a bed table drawer. It was kept next to the Smith & Wesson 9 mm
pistol. That was very strange reading.

As to connecting girl friends with books. I had this one girl friend
that I won't go into the details right here other than the elder mason I
worked for asked me why she walked like a cowboy. She got my head so
screwed around I did not know what direction I was going in. I bought
one of Jung's collected works, a Bollingen series, read it, then bought
all of his collected works and read at least one more. The others I
admit that I only looked at the pictures. I still have them, they are
laying around in a pile here somewhere (large books on top of small ones
and small ones on top of large) like life savers in case I need to read
them in a hurry.

One day my mother figured we were grown up and she threw out all of our
comic books.

][<