BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 22:19:37 -0600
I have been drawing two historic buildings in my CADD program.  The
nature of the program is such that 3D is just how it works, or at least
how I have learned it.  As I was drawing the building today, in order
to study it and know it better, in its original construction, I
realized that I was not only seeing things that have not been seen in a
long time, but things that may have never been seen before.

CADD drawing does amazing things, like defy gravity and the laws of
physics.  Two things CAN occupy the same space at the same time.  I was
drawing in a storage system that had been placed up against a counter.
I never questioned it before, but when that sucker popped up in 3D, it
was a surprise to me.  Must have been a surprise to the inspector on
the job too!

The 3D views help to confirm that what I think is going on really is
going on.  That's great for an insecure guy like me.  Builds
confidence.  I do think in 3D pretty much all the time and pretty
effectively, but it is such a relief to have my minds eye view of the
world confirmed.

Cool.

-jc