BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 16:39:11 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/2000 4:16:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I'm desperately hoping life DOES begin at 50  ;) >>

Deb,

On further reflection, I am forced to admit your point is well taken.  But
are we reassured or terrified by the examples of Sharpshooter and the other
geezers in our midst? (Children dunning our creditors; shrinkwrapping our
spouse's vacation homes; spurious listings in pseudoreferencetomes). Need I
add that it may be necessary to push back the envelope-- the crypt, if you
will-- of geezertude when we cross the 50th parallel...

At the other extreme there's Heidi and her teenybopper cohorts, who
undoubtedly consider anyone over 18 as superannuated, and the 1950's as the
Dark Ages (not that they weren't)....

Have I not offended anyone? If so, my apologies.

Ralph