BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Bowman, Camille" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:35:22 -0500
About brownstones -- when I was at Columbia in the late 70's, I spent
hours in the NY Public Library compiling a list of brownstone quarries
and the buildings that were built from those quarries -- primarily in
NYC (complete with addresses, often) and surrounding areas/states. I
have the list somewhere -- hand-typed, of course ... way before
computers. If anybody wants a copy, I'd be glad to share it. I'm sure I
was doing that assignment for one of Norman's conservation classes and I
imagine he has a copy that's grown with time.

Also, I'd tried to send a microscopic detail shot of Indiana limestone
and Alabama limestone that shows some very different characteristics on
the BP list serve but learned we can't put JPEGs on there. I'm happy to
share that pic, also, to anyone that wants it.

E-mail me at [log in to unmask] if you want me to send
either to you.

Camille Agricola Bowman
Easement Technical Advisor
Tidewater Region Preservation Office