BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:49:50 EST
Chris ; the mayor got in trouble for letting the Amish defy code because he
didn't use his own ruler; I was on a job once and some sort of disagrement was
going on between  new and old....the sr. man was calleed for and bearing the
wisdom of Soloman pulled out his own rule and had everyone stand back ....His
reading was final  ...the lesson is use your own rule

this hqppened just a little while ago

I looked out the window of the disel; and pulling alongside me in the
hardware store  was a black hearse looking wood cab pulled by a horse .
The guy who jumped out looked like he belonged on the Post cereal "heartland
" box; with his straw hat and spenders and black wool pants hiked up to the
high water mark
The young woman who sat all in black at his  side appeared pretty ; but I
could not see her face more than a second as she wore sort of a cowl bonnet. I
could see she was knitting and doing busy work with her hands.

This is a busy 2 lane because it is  gateway to Arkansaw and the Delta just
off the interstate;
Being 2 lanes The semis shouldn't move through here at the  clip they do ;
but they do and Im not sure I would want to be negotiating a tight curve on a 2
lane with a horse and buggy here.
The man came out and the couple smiled and moved off hugging the shoulder of
this precarious road .
A week later I had heard that there had been a terrible accident  an Amish
couple had been killed when a driver lost control of their car and plowed into
one of their horse and buggys ; Im told  they never stood a chance.