BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:03:25 -0400
the Hyperion Theater built as Carll's Theater in 1888.  At the time it was
the 2nd largest venue in New England.  It later became the Loew's College
theater and has been through the hands of many developers since - projects
ranging from 1 to 10 million.  Somehow nothing ever got done and despite the
fact that it sits in a designated "historic entertainment district" has
deteriorated to the point that it is being torn down this month.  Ten years
ago we did an existing conditions analysis of the building and at the time a
roof could have saved it.  At the time most of the decorative plaster work
and fabric wall coverings were in tack.  The building sits directly behind
Roger Sherman's main residence.  The Palace and Shubert theaters were saved
but the Hyperion for no lack of interest and plans, just funds, will bite
the dust soon.

Leland