BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that Ruth calls "Pluto's spider-hole."
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:15:30 -0200
If you stage a story on a boat it reduces the number of characters and
puts everyone in their cramped space. Same w/ a plantaion estate, I
guess. Write enough stories about folks stuck in boats (puking out over
the stormy Atlantic) or on plantations and there is a transference to
assume that it is romantic to be stuck on a boat or a plantaion. It is
hard to write a story about open spaces tho god knows plenty of attempts
have been made. The characters keep running in and out and the reader
gets dizzy and like w/ Mark Twain leans towards wanting to shoot some of
them dead sooner than later.

The William Floyd Mansion, our nearest northern estate here on Lung
Island, and where John Nichol's (Milagro Beenfield War) family derived
they recently featured the written works of the family. You could walk
from room to room and see books that you could not touch, or read. It is
at a place where nobody would think to go unless they came to visit us,
again, a place where nobody would think to go.

][<