BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:28:42 EDT
Hey folks,

I am going to Munich for the first time soon and would be interested in
learning about what's happening in preservation/restoration over there. Does
anyone know of any projects -- recently completed or in the works -- that
might be interesting to take a look at? People I might be interested in
talking with?

In the spirit of PINheadism, I thought I would try to get a sense of what
issues or new techniques are percolating over there, if possible. Ken, Vitek,
and some other PIN members have developed some very interesting contacts with
the Polish preservation community and I have been working on some Irish
contacts lately. Maybe we can work up some cross pollination with the
Germans, too -- even though I can't speak the language (except for stuff like
"bitte" and "ya" and "weinerschnitzel").

So... if you folks have any suggestions, I would love to hear about them.

Mary