BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:45:21 -0500
<<<The falg?  Well, people can desecrate it because it's how they want to express their dislike of this that or the other thing in the governmental institutions.  I feel strongly about not desecrating it, and even sent a flag to the VFW to burn because one of our cats pulled it down from the front door, but if someone feels strongly enough to burn it or wear, they have the right to. >>>

Yeah, I can live with people burning the flag - I do too, when it's worn out.  I just object to the flag being turned into a commercial object (Sherle Wagner sink basin; scarf; kitchen spatula) or abused - like the fancy coop a block down from my fancy coop, which in 9/03 as duct-taped a broomstick to a tree, and carpet tacked the cheapest, flimsiest block printed flag onto the broomstick - and has left it there since then.

Sign me,  48 stars