BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 17:20:39 -0400
I think this bldg was the focus of a presentation at APT-I a few years ago calling it a "preservation" project where they replaced the ENTIRE façade and changed the spandrel panels below the windows to accommodate air conditioning. They said they couldn't preserve the rest. I got uppity over this cuz they didn't preserve the façade only the most of the structural system and the general profile of the building. This is fine in my opinion for the reasons they stated but please don't call it a great example of "preservation".

Eric Hammarberg
Vice President
Thornton Tomasetti
51 Madison Avenue