BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:42:59 EST
In a message dated 3/10/2000 9:10:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> As a family we spent a lot of time on road trips, simply driving around the
>  countryside, mostly Upstate & Southwestern NY. We could not afford much but
>  we could at least get out and see the world.

Ken:

Your family and mine must have been tooling around the countryside about the
same time. Pretty much every Sunday afternoon Mom, Dad, kids, and Grandma
piled into the car to go for a ride. In the summer, we took a picnic. There
were a lot of farms and nobody seemed to mind if we ate our sandwiches in
some shady spot and waded in their little brooks in our underwear.

Afterward we would wander around an old cemetery or go for walks along some
dirt road in the country. Not much historic site visiting. Later in the 1950s
a lot of "No Trespassing" signs went up on all those farms, and we had to
find parks to eat our lunch in. Not quite as much fun in that. Guess the
farmers got tired of strange kids in their skivvies scaring their cows.

Mary