BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 13:38:19 -0400
Another issue overlooked is the differential ratio - how many turns the
drive shaft to how many turns of the tire. One to One would get lots of
mileage but no torque - 'pickup'. Most cars are geared to drive in city
traffic and therefore more torque. Highway needs less torque for top speed.
Stick with overdrive (free wheeling at top speeds) works well.
jim