BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 11:58:38 -0400
Message text written by "\"Let us not speak foul in folly!\" - ][<en
Phollit"
>All I have to say is some people have FAAAAARRRRR and away too much time
on
their hands and minds.  They need a good bit of time up here in the sticks
doing practical things like planting a garden and giving the house a good
spring cleaning.  Then see if they have time to contemplate the
spirituality of manhole covers.  Balderdash I say.  Ruth

"WORLD FORUM ON MANHOLE COVERS"
AT THE INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY FURNITURE FAIR
JACOB JAVITS CENTER, NEW YORK MAY 20TH 1:30 PM, BOOTH #1433<

1) Marxist rhetoric:

Groucho:  What do you get to walk into an open manhole?

Chico:  Just a cover charge.

Groucho:  Well, drop in sometime.

Chico:  Sewer!

2) In 1987, when I lived in NYC, I was quite tickled to find a set of
coasters depicting old manhole covers on sale at the Museum of Modern Art.
I bought a set for my brother the Mighty Outdoorsman of Ossippee, NH,
because his mind is often in the sewer.

3) Thank you, Ruth, for your usual breath of fresh Vermont air and good
sense.

4) At least they are not yet renamed "personholes"!

Don