BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:35:29 -0800
Ken,  In answer to your serious question, it depends on the reader.  I have
heard some readers who were very enjoyable, and some who were simply AWFUL.
The former headmaster at the school where I worked used to read to the
students during "quiet time" after lunch, he would read in the most awful
monotone, droning on like a refrigerator running it's motor.  He was NOT
enjoyable to listen to.  The cook at the same school was given to listening
to books on tape while she prepared the meals and some of them were very
good.  My Grandma was the best reader in the WHOLE WORLD though.  She read
me a lot of Thornton Burgess books and a lot of others too.  I would
snuggle up close to her on the Davenport and she would read to me for
hours.

Now I really prefer to snuggle up in a cosy corner with a book and read.

I have a book written by a local man, a distant relative, that I am
intending to read onto tape for another relative who is nearly blind so
that he can hear it.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT