BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:35:29 EDT
In a message dated 09/22/1999 2:27:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  I suppose my fault is with a love of lengthy winded
>  sentences often slaughtering themselves in a slurry of chucking chuck
sounds
>  of dangling precipitates and split infinities.

Which reminds me of the Francois Villon poem, sent over the wireless to the
French resistance on June 5th to advise them of the invasion:  "Long violin
sobs rock my heart with monotonous languor."

And, the McCourt book is truly great, and I mean it that it is written in a
voice that could be shared by you. [ = a compliment] Promise:  I will refund
purchase price if you don't laugh out loud in the first thirty pages.

Sign me,  Stop-Me-If-You've-Heard-That-One