BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:22:40 -0400
Deb Bledsoe wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Ken Follett wrote:
>
> > Deb,
> >
> > Enough of this. I want to see what Drew Diaz looks like.
>
> well, Drew's a hippie carpenter

As a piece work framing jock, w/ a 28 oz framing ax
w/ a handle as long as my inseam hippy carpenter was the worse thing you
could call a cherry.

> in a suit   ;)

Fat white man in a suit-
Though one time I was meeting an engineer at an outdoor site-
one of those firms I'd been talking to for years & never met in person
told him to look for a fat white man in a suit wearing cowboy boots-
evidently when he got back to the office & sent the pictures [pre digpic]
for processing & they came back the whole office wanted to know how the
hell it was that he couldn't get a picture of a guy in a white cowboy
suit-

> from out west,

just chunks of brain cells & youth

> he has a finely developed sense of the....
> ummm, more poetic sides of nature and all that the earth has to offer

> likes old tools of the non-electric sort....

Likes tools, hand, electric, gas, methane... the only thing I ever
regretted is not getting the bigger one.

> but also has a fascination with the weirder aspects of electricity

I can still recall the first time I swore,
under my Mom's "Danish" end table playing w/ the plug & arcing my hand
& letting out this Enormous Jesus Christ

> he still does a lot of wood-working, but not as much as he'd like
>

> (and unlike reading, there is no such thing as "speed cabinet making")
>
> he's also on the tallish side, won't risk offending him with any
> guesses about the state of his waistline

Well according to the chart in the doctors office I must be 6'6"

> or hairline  ;)
> between that and accents I'm going to get myself in dutch here...
> he's about 45 I'd say

It's not the year it's the mileage

> he spent a lot of his time as a child free to roam .....

In the bad neighborhood that is his imagination...

> and was allowed to develop his own opinions and capabilities
> as long as they didn't contradict his family's ideas too much
> and if they did, he kept it to himself  ;)
>
> he is an experiential learner of the once burned twice shy sort

> and he's really good with kids

yes- but then I had my 5 yr. old girls soccer team chanting " winning
isn't everything, it's the only thing", "Be the ball", "A goalie is a
brick wall" & my favorite--" Hold my trophy- while I kiss your boyfriend".

& got my 4 year old "to use the power" when scrubbing a road rash owie

> in all this time I still don't have a clear idea of what he does
> for a living though  ;)

Neither do I- but then for money...

> maybe an architect?

No way architects wear suede shoes to pick up sheet rock dust-
my boots are made of Brontosaurus foreskin [Five bucks to the first BP who
identifies the coiner of that wiseassism]

Scum of the earth & back bone of America-
I'm a GC in NYC-
we're the guys who get blamed for not preserving-
When all we're bidding is plans & specs
against the architect's brother in law working out of his Ford Airline.

> (is Drew on vacation or here to defend himself? )

Drew is on Vacation in the land of the Stucco Duck- not the dryvit drake
The red neck Riviera of the north fork

Ken-

lunch at the unHampton DQ w/ the FBI profilers DIY home kit to Sketch
Deb " The Queen of the Silver Dollar"  the heart & soul, hardest working
woman in Bullamanka Show business Bledsoul

DD & my sign is
"Visualize whirled peas"

though I once saw Satan or one of his minions once-
driving James Dean's roadster w/ no Plates, registration sticker,
inspection sticker or Seat Belt-
though he did have a bumper sticker that said-
"It still isn't F-----G WEIRD enough for me"