BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:18:55 -0500
regarding making frequent stops and looking at odd, old
or historic houses:

my friend at first was worried that we'd get arrested when
I stopped and trespassed at old farms and such...
they were usually abandoned, with no one available to
ask permission of, and I've always done it, but he, being
young and male, always expects the worst from the local
constabulary of whatever locale we happen to be in  ;)

anyway, after the first few times I sweet-talked a cop with
the truth   ("you LIKE looking at our old dumps? Okeee Dokeee then..)
which is usually stranger than fiction and always left
the cop scratching his/her head as he/she walked back to
the cruiser,
my friend did relax a little and now actually admits to
enjoying taking the backroads and looking at old houses
or old factories, ruins, parks,  whatever....

it's the new ones that make us want to barf/blow things up  ;)