BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:51:16 -0500
The Chrysler Building has Cherokee White in floors 2-4 (100%) and 5-17
(decorative bands inlaid in brick and cornice). It has held up okay but some
severe dis-aggregating on window heads (drip edges). We had to do a number
dutchman and also tried consolidation at the heads with early deterioration.
Did this in '99 and it has held so far. We did a single rope access drop and
binocular inspection a few weeks ago. I suppose it is better than Tuckahoe
but I would try to use something else if I had the choice. Also, I supose
our air and rain are less acidic than they were 50-years ago so it should
hold up better.

Eric

From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, December 15, 2006 9:10 am
Subject: Re: [BP] of course, why would we expect our coins to be...
To: [log in to unmask]

> In a message dated 12/15/2006 4:07:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
> I wonder if they will let me do a histo presto BP salute stamp?
> Regardless,
> I'm curious when we will be able to make coinage with any image
> that we want to
> provide.
> There's some tiny island nation that does that. c
>
> --

Brian Scott Robinson, MHP
Professor
Savannah College of Art and Design
School of Building Arts
Historic Preservation Department
P.O. Box 3146
Savannah, GA 31402

912 525 6940 office (Mon/Wed only)
912 262 1202 home (students emergency only)

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the
http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s).  This message or
any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed or
retained by any person without authorization from the addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender
immediately, and delete this message.