BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:18:41 -0800
Chris,  I came across this in my "ancient history" file today--better known
as the "lost in space" file.  Wondering where you gave her the really
expensive underwear and how it was received?  I have seen posts from you
since so presumably you survived with little or no damage.  Ruth

At 9:02 PM -0400 5/11/06, [log in to unmask] wrote:

1.    I ordered three small-medium flower arrangements, instead of the one
big arrangement.  I figured that she could spread them around the house, or
throw them at me one after another, when I commit some unspeakable,
thoughtless Male Crime on Sunday.

2.    I was commiserating with her cousin's husband, and then hit on the
idea of us surprising them by showing up at the same restaurant for a
foursome, unbeknownst to them.  (Rising fear: that we, trying to be
wonderful husbands, will instead be denounced for being "unromantic" and
"inconsiderate" and "hurtful".) Also the restaurant is called "Toqueville"
and it has on its website its "Philosophy" so I am figuring this is the
type of thing mother-persons think is cool, even though with the amount I'm
spending I could probably get a really good rechargeable drill instead of
these wimpy black and decker things that peter out faster than I do.

3.    I am buying her some expensive underwear - and, hey, I don't mean
$14/pair Brooks Brothers oxford cloth boxers - my own personal gold
standard - I mean >>really expensive<< - but I can't figure out whether to
open them at the restaurant or at church that morning.

What does everyone think?   Exactly what kind of trouble am I headed for?
 I am, of course, fabulously interested to hear the "woman's perspective".

Christopher Of Two Mothers
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the
http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT