BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nate Gillette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
make easy -- get sakcrete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:35:54 GMT
<Yeah I have great dislike for that son-of-a bitch also. I dislike <Sherman more than Lincoln.

I truly think this is something that is genetically programmed into all southerners.  Sherman was an almost utter failure as a general having botched up several campiagns.  Some would say due to alcohol.  His successful campaign was the march to the sea, burning Atlanta along the way.  Let's just be thankful that he didn't burn Savannah.  I just love to hear all the theories about why he didn't burn it down.  My favorite is that he had a woman there, what a load.  Sherman spent some time in Savannah after graduating West Point before he was stationed in Florida.  I have no idea why he didn't burn it, maybe he just liked it too much.

Nate Gillette