BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:31:40 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2000 1:17:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I wonder if it has a little to do with the older and/or
 male counterparts coming from more of a craft or
 technical angle, whereas many of the women come from
 more of a humanities orientation? >>

Johnette,

When I gradjeated from Columbia in 1978 (which, if nothing else does, I guess
makes me an Old Fart), the Women Students generally had a liberal arts
background, but appear to have (generally speaking) become more technical.
Pam Hawkes, now a hotshot Restoration Archt and partner of Ann Beha, had some
sort of Lib Arts background.  Rhonda Wist, who's now a bigshot with the NYC
Landmarks Preserv Comm, did a report on stucco at Columbia that was most
impressive, coming from her Liberal Arts background.  What has become of us
guys is hard to say.  I guess we disappeared back into the woodwork.

On a related note, I remember some years ago seeing a request from a Columbia
student, looking for info on the history and importance of gay men in Histo
Presto.  That may be where the men--well, some of them,  went.

Ralph