BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 07:49:44 -0500
Mitch,

Ralph makes a great deal of sense.  Its best to do damage that we know
how to repair with traditional building materials and methods, rather
than introducing new materials and new problems.  But don't send the
plugs to the archives, keep them at the site.  Try to keep a record of
what you did at the site.  Maybe send a sample and a record to the
archives, but let's face it, when the time comes to plug the hole there
will be a mason and he will do what he thinks is best, without any
research...unless there's an architect running the show...in which case
the mason will do what he thinks is best without any research...or
he'll do what the architect tells him, which will have no research
behind it, and the mason will be doing it just so he can later say,
"hey!  I just did what the architect told me to do!"

-jc