BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:52:35 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: The listserv where the buildings do the talking
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Leland
Torrence
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] Anybody notice rules enforcement??

I have noticed the lists of what is not included have expanded
dramatically
and that quality is suffering.  Just goes to show - you can pay the
architects, the builders or the lawyers, but it the process takes less
time
if you pay the first two:  time is money and greed costs, but the
unaccountable and dishonest will inherit the earth.
Signed,
Arrested Development

Greed isn't good, but making a fair profit. Unlike a lot of our
competition we tend to think long term, developing relationships with
our customers, and figuring on them being around for more than one
project, even if the next project is replacing batteries in their
flashlight. It's all work, do it right, and they will call back. There
is nothing like a punch list that your company is not listed on. I've
felt for a long time that the general problem is in our society
accepting mediocrity, a "that's good enough" attitude. This coming from
the top (Washington) on down. You all are constantly writing about
problems relating to problems caused by just this attitude, and how best
to fix the problems. We most defiantly see it in our field, and are
quite often amazed that things haven't burned, or killed someone. The
question I have is how do you get people to stop thinking half-ass is
good enough?

"first thing we do is kill all the attorneys"