BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:03:23 EDT
Cap'n Maura, sir, about P-L, sir, the Jerries got'em, they ... they ...
they're all gone, sir.  One minute they were up at their mortars, and then
next thing, I heard the 88's go off, and then there was just a smokin'
crater, sir.  Dedge, Bledsy, Krugy, Becker, Rab, the Tsar, Cuz,  they're ...
just a few bits of rag and bone and some roman brick, nothin' else, sir.
And, an old rusty anchor, sir, that some fool idiot had sandblasted down bare
- practically all gone sir - the shrapnel took out what was left of the
wooden crossbar.  If only they'd used the glycol we gave 'em, sir.  }#&@=en
woulda told you sir, but, well, he's hurt, hurt bad - it was a non-serious
post, sir, right through his monitor, Doc Mockchap says he may lose it.

Sir, I know our position has been through hell and back, and we're nearly out
of ammo, but, sir ... when can we counterattack?  I've got raking light on
the gravestones, and plenty of glass block, all diffr'nt types, sir.  Heidz,
she wants to run point, sir, she's ready.

And, sir, I know your boy, he was, he was ... over there, sir.  I'm sorry
sir.  Fine boy, sir, I remember, sir, he loved ... ivy, sir, he loved ivy
growin' on buildings, sir, musta growed up eight, nine hundred feet, sir.
Sir, we're all torn up about it sir, and they wanted me to tell you, sir.
Orders, sir?