BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Afghanistan of the preservation movement.
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:35:44 EST
Suggestions for AOL users-

If you keep getting busy signals, kicked off etc... have you tried updating
your access numbers? I've found HUGE differences in various local numbers--
some are popular, and thus, make it hard to connect. AOL adds new access
numbers, but you have to physically update them yourselves. Might be worth a
shot, rather than changing addresses.

When I was in New Jersey, the Princeton number was ALWAYS busy, but the Ewing
number was usually accessible, and I rarely got kicked off. The implication:
even if you can't live in princeton, you can call your internet provider
there.

Also, just for future reference, the spam happens when you use your account
name to post messages online. I get around that by using one account for my
personal and business correspondence, and another for any online posting or
public use of my internet address. At least it keeps the spam on a single
email account, which then I can delete with abandon. I've never gotten one
piece of spam on this account, but I only use it for personal email and
listservs. I never post on the web or sign up for stuff using it.

-Heidi