BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:10:15 -0700
Congratulations to younger daughter and THAT BOY.  I hope you can bring
yourself to call him by a better name.  I am the parent of boys so I hope
the parents of the girls they marry, one day hopefully-I'd like to have
some grandchildren to spoil, will think better of them than to call them
THAT BOY.

Weddings in VT can be fun, but November is iffy in this neck of the woods.
What part of VT?
Will this be a big formal affair or one of our small town, home grown
weddings with the reception in the Grange Hall and all food prepared by
family and friends?  Those are really the best in my opinion, of course
that's what I grew up with.

Does the rest of the world think they have to do something called the
"Chicken Dance" at weddings or is that, hopefully, a local custom?  I hope
it dies out rather soon.

Let me know when you are coming to VT, I'd love to meet you.  Ruth

At 9:10 PM -0500 6/1/05, John Callan wrote:
Younger daughter and THAT BOY are in Hawaii.  They were married Sunday.  It
was a wonderful weekend.  I am completely spent.

Meanwhile, we may be attending a wedding in Vermont in November!  Ruth, are
Vermont weddings fun?  I like fun.

-jc
--
Ruth Barton