BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:04:50 -0500
On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Ken Follett wrote:

> Deb,
>
> Enough of this. I want to see what Drew Diaz looks like.

well, Drew's a hippie carpenter
in a suit   ;)
from out west, he has a finely developed sense of the....
ummm, more poetic sides of nature and all that the earth has to offer

likes old tools of the non-electric sort....
but also has a fascination with the weirder aspects of electricity
he still does a lot of wood-working, but not as much as he'd like
(and unlike reading, there is no such thing as "speed cabinet making")

he's also on the tallish side, won't risk offending him with any
guesses about the state of his waistline or hairline  ;)
between that and accents I'm going to get myself in dutch here...
he's about 45 I'd say

he spent a lot of his time as a child free to roam .....
and was allowed to develop his own opinions and capabilities
as long as they didn't contradict his family's ideas too much
and if they did, he kept it to himself  ;)

he is an experiential learner of the once burned twice shy sort
and he's really good with kids

in all this time I still don't have a clear idea of what he does
for a living though  ;)
maybe an architect?
(is Drew on vacation or here to defend himself? )

Deb