BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:33:02 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/00 12:47:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Part of the problem is my misplaced sense of compassion in not wanting to
hold stupid people up to ridicule.

Larry,

My take is that we hold stupid people up as examples of ourselves, without
them we dare not share the freedom to be stupid. Think how many wonderful
things we would not share if we all let our fear of stupidity overwhelm us.
Though I respect, or want to respect, copyright, I don't feel that annonymous
stupidity is a negative thing. Beside that, laughter is an important factor
in our diets.

][<en