BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sbmarcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 01:33:25 -0500

> My background is stone masonry etc.
>
> The recent IPTW by the PTN included several members of the Timber
Framer's
> Guild. Bryan Blundell, on the BP list, should be able to point you in the
> right direction. You should also ask him about PTN.

One of the great joys of lurking on PL, and now BP, for those of us who
have not been initiated into the arcane rites of your profession, is coming
up with stabs at decoding your acronyms.

Lets see, context wise; IPTW- Insouciant Practitioners of Traditional
Woodworking.
                           PTN- Party of Thought-provoking Nomenclature

> Witold Karwowski knows more than he lets on, only, the P & B is probably
18th
> century Poland, not Maine. Don't let the preservationeer genius bluff you
> with Gab & Eti gabble.

That's cool. There is some reason to believe that the masterbuilder on the
site was a German, though more likely a Huguenot. And, there's another
building I'm involved in which might be in keeping with German practice.
Maybe, Polish P&B has affinities with the German? Witold?

Bruce