BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:38:51 -0400
I've been invited to take part in an interesting venture this weekend, that
of disassembling an old diner that is being given or sold to a diner museum
of some sort.  I think I was told the museum is located in Providence, RI
but I could be wrong (I couldn't find a web site there).

It's the old Liberty Diner, an old railroad car diner (if that is what they
are called).  It's located on South Salina Street in Syracuse, NY,
coincidentally next door to a Burger King and across the street from the
Valley Plaza (consult your list of EIFS monuments).

It sounds like the museum folks have a couple of weekends to salvage what
they can and are looking for volunteers.  The person who invited me did it
with a tinge of sadness as she is one of the main proponents of saving our
local landmarks.  She wishes it was staying in the area...

I'm guessing it won't be chert chicken a-scurryin' as this old greasy spoon
comes apart...