BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:20:33 -0800
My husband's mother lives in the house she lived in growing up.  It is a
pre-Revolutionary war house with several unique features, one being a dumb
waiter which has not been used in many a year.  It seems that the girls
were in the habit of hiding things in the dumbwaiter that they did not want
others to find.  The story goes that one of them hid a box of chocolates in
there and forgot about them and they were not found until after their
father died and they were cleaning the place out, SOMEWHAT.  The house is
now being sold and they have got to get everything out,  supposed to be by
the end of May--I don't know how they will ever do it.  Ruth

At 10:56 PM -0500 3/12/03, Ralph Walter wrote:

When I was probably about 10, I snuck some Oreos down to my friend Tom's
house down the street, and when his Mom caught a whiff of somebody (ahem)
eating them (because he never ate that stuff, and could make his Halloween
and Easter candy last MONTHS), I stuffed the remaining one or two under
their sofa (which she called a Davenport, as I remember). Anyway, when they
moved away after we graduated from High School, she found the cookies, and
I think Tom's little brother Clark (who was then about 15) got blamed.

Ralph

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT