BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:40:31 -0400
Ken Follett wrote:

> Chain Saw Polar Bears at IPTW ;-)
>
> Apple Restoration is considering demonstrating the carving of polar bears
> from Indiana Limestone using a diamond chain saw at the next International
> Preservation Trades Workshop to be held November 2nd ,3rd  and 4th in
> Gaithersburg, Maryland. http://www.PTN.org.
>
> That is, once we figure out how to carve polar bears.

There is a big time folk art wave in Nassau County of tree guys & landscapers
carving bears & eagles should be able to draft one of them let me ask & see if
Ronny the Goat Boy knows any of these guys.

Of course then my rule of thumb when carving anything bigger than a snapper is to
let it cool 2 minutes per pound after it comes out of the oven.

DD