BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:26:56 -0600
I'm not sure that the program has fewer options.  It seems to be
capable of anything I want to do and a whole lot that I don't want to
do...now.  Without some way to filter its capabilities, I had a
difficult time learning the program and became hopelessly confused.
This was in an earlier version where the "Architect" features had not
been separated from the basic program.  That version belonged to a
former employer, and I lost its use.  I think it was a good thing.

Placing windows, doors and so forth individually is not problem.  I
prefer that method.  The tool, "Move" is very useful for that.
Eyeballing works fine, and the "smart points" or whatever they are
called help too.

I should note that I'm creating models to illustrate conditions and
explain the building.  I haven't tried any construction documents yet.
But when I do create construction documents, I still try to illustrate
existing conditions and to define the problem and the acceptable
solutions.  I don't think I've done much work that was so simple that I
could tell the trades person to do as I direct without any thinking or
calculating on his/her part.  Certainly, my best work was not done that
way.

I have no regrets.  Except I wish I'd dived in sooner.

-jc