BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:10:00 -0400

<snip>

> I've been wanting to complain for weeks,
> but as a mostly lurker, I held my tongue
> until a regular contributor spoke up.

Those that contribute set the tone.  Those that are silent do not.

There are rather simple avenues that you -- yes you!  All of you!  You know
who you are! -- can personally take to improve the signal-to-noise ratio.

I suggest that you gather your allies, foment mass insurrection, and retake
the theater lobby.  Instead of throwing popcorn at the noisy rabble, though,
perhaps a more surreptitious approach might be taken.  Subtle invocations of
rapture toward preservation of the gilding of the theater lobby ceiling;
weighty treatises on the relative merits of various poultices' efficacy in
regard to drawing the splattered "butter" stains out of the marble wainscot;
evaluation of preferential methodologies for bubble gum removal from the
patterned Wilton carpet; artistic asides analyzing Mucha posters and more;
dramatic discourses on the paradigmatic designs of Rapp and Rapp.

And for COD'S sake, please please transport us to a lobby in Chicago.  Or
LA.  Or perhaps an Eberson atmospheric in Akron.  I'd host it here in
Raleigh, but the bastards tore down all the really good theater lobbies.

Just a thought.
Dan Becker,  Executive Director        "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                 from some COD?"
Districts Commission                         - With apologies to
[log in to unmask]                                Bullwinkle Gee Moose