BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:41:48 -0800
Thanks to Spencer for her lead to the Nara document.
Thanks to Kent for his offer of the ICOMOS proceedings.
To Bruce...and any other non-lurkers, feel welcome to attend our
humble session.  Just let me know.
And to Peter, I don' have a copy of my earlier posting!  Too bad,
since I think I summarized it pretty well.  The short version is that
we are having a small gathering in our office 6:00 Monday evening
March 26 for an informal roundtable discussion of Authenticity...as
prototype (surviving original fabric)...of technique (exacting
replacement in-kind)...in spirit of design (replacement honoring the
character of the original).  I have heard others do so, but I
personally have a problem calling the latter two "authentic", as
compelling as the solution may be in certain instances.

If someone kept my earlier posting, please repost it.  I cited some
examples...Williamsburg, Sakkara, etc. as well as the participants.

Rev. Jim

James W. Rhodes, FAIA
Partner
Director of Historic Preservation