BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:33:29 -0800
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> *So my best friend in the whole world, ][<en, is about to snatch this
> wonderful prize away from me, huh?*
> **
> *This is a sad day.  I'm going to the Mall.*

Shucks, Ralph... when I go to our Mall I get yelled at. We live in a
police state when it comes to scarfing trash on Lung Island. All I can
get out of the Mall (refuse dump) is a dog biscuit for your other best
friend.

Which reminds me. On Monday I was at the Williamsburg Savings Bank in
Brooklyn, reputed to be the tallest building in the borough. Possibly we
are going to be doing some probes there for a developer that is funded
by the Johnson Foundation (Magic Johnson). A very kool urban development
scene going on in Brooklyn & Queens.

Anyways... I was down on the LIRR Atlantic Ave depot platform waiting
for the train doors to open and I saw this really nice temporary
electric panel. The electrician had proudly writ his name & number in
blue magic marker on it. It had 110-115 weatherproof outlet and a 220
socket and a gas-proof light and looked really professional. I was
admiring it. I thought I would like to find out how much it would cost
to get such a panel made & installed. Never know when you might need
such a thing. So I took out my digital camera that I carry on my belt
and snapped a picture. Next thing I know a woman conductor is yelling at
me.

Turns out it is illegal to take photos on train platforms. I told her I
was sorry. She barked at me a bit more. I was contrite. She walked away.
The train doors opened. I went in and sat down.

Shortly after she returned with two rather sturdy and official looking
plain clothes guys. She pointed me out then got out of sight herself.
They wanted to know why I was taking pictures. I explained that I am a
contractor and the electric panel and the name writ on it and my wanting
to call the guy yada yada.... thinking myself the whole time I don't
particularly look like a contractor. God bless I did not this time use
the "I am a poet" defense.

I told them I was real sorry. If I had thought about it I would never
ever have done it. I keep thinking how the television news channels tell
us stupid inane crap that happened in Bumtruck USA as if it is the most
important news of the day -- orphan three year old blows nose and erupts
major waste sewage catastrophe that kills thousands of bullfrogs -- and
here I have an opportunity to be in the news as a suspected terrorist.
Is this my fifteen minutes of fame or fifteen years at Guantanimo?

They asked to see my ID, which I showed them my NY State driver's
license. I told them that I had just now left the Williamsburg Savings
Bank where I had been looking at work. They did not write anything down
and they left. They said that they were sorry to bother me. I suppose
that was good.

The woman conductor returned, apologised... "Only doing my job." To
which I replied by thanking her for doing her job and telling her I had
no problem with her doing her job. I wish more people would actually do
their job. She punched my ticket and we got over it. The passenger
sitting on the other side of the train, and shortly after the scene was
clear, looked at me and said, "It is a different universe now." I smiled.

We are on our way through the dregs of the urban wasteland of the armpit
of Brooklyn. I'm sitting on the train thinking about the time I saw the
suspect Arabic looking fellow shabbily dressed pulling a suitcase on a
string behind him at the B3 garage level of the WTC. I pointed him out
to our Port Authority assigned minion and it did not alter history any
one bit. We were there to assist in sampling of wall materials to
determine their fire rating for retrofit after the 1st bombing... and it
was my suggestion to the architect that we NOT cut an access door size
chunk of masonry hole into the back wall of the contraband holding room
for customs. As I remember we had to get security clearance, including
myself to be there... and I'm fairly certain I've had my Secret Service
review otherwise I would never have got to go to dinnner in the same
room w/ Cuomo and Clinton. Neither I suspect would I get asked to go to
the UN every once in a while to look at their leaky walls.

And then later in the week I was so damned happy that the Starbucks on
6th Ave in the Village was not paranoid about people walking in to use
their bathrooms.

So... I am now convinced that my PDA died as a result of my insurgent
subconscious and that the reason my cell phone only works now on speaker
phone and I have to hold it up to my ear to hear it -- and the caller on
the other end gets to hear all the ambient street noise of the city
including the homeless beggars, hookers & fire trucks -- and my fellow
travelers on planet earth get to hear whatever whomever of my friends &
business associates say whatever sweet secrets into my ear -- is because
I was a really bad boy and like a dumb idiot took a picture on the train
platform.

Then I find out that I can go online and for like $150 find out every
number you have spoken to lately on your cell phone. So please... watch out!

][<