BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Svantevit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Svantevit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:52:17 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, February 02, 1998 6:18 PM
Subject: MS Sucks in Vortices

>I hate MS whenever it comes to upgrading their software. I'm glad to hear
I'm
>not the only one that has problems. I refuse to upgrade to IE 4.0 because I
>just don't want to be without the computer working... and my spending my
time
>trying to figure out what the hell went wrong. It sure cuts down on
>productivity. There motto should really be "Where do you want to stay
today?"
>I'd also like to figure out how to get MSN out of my computers.
>
>][<en

Ken

I do not know what is the problem with IE4.0 - I have Win95, IE 4,0 with MS
Office 97 running generally fine (there are some problems with the Real
Audio if I leave computer for to long just playing radio - I can still run
the computer but I have to reboot to get back to the net if it disconnects
by itself) - I have MSN programmed just to give me direct link to CNN, local
weather, search engines (there are all of them) and New York local called
Sidewalk. There are other choices - I didn't like the default view of MSN
but it is so easy to customize and get rid of MSN programmers preferences
that I do not feel my freedom of choice to be suppressed. After all if I
really want to I can have Netcom homepage instead of MSN or I can go
directly to Favorites. I know there is some big war upstairs against BG
empire but as far as it goes having burnt myself couple of times with small
software creators I prefer to stick with the big guys and I do not think
Bill Gates made his position just by the deals under General Attorney
surveillance. I had the chance to work IE and Netscape and to compliment
Netscape there were no significant differences between them and the decision
to go with IE is strictly mine. If you wish I offer direct help to get rid
or to customize to fit your needs - have fun :)

Witold