BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yes, we set off an A-bomb but we are really sorry about it.
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:24:29 -0200
Brian,

You bring up an interesting point which is the restoration and
repopulation of ghetto. I get this magazine called Orion (Rudy turned me
on to it though he might not know that) and there was a photo-article
some time back re: urban ecology of ghetto. It was distrubing. I do not
have the impression that NOLA was ever anything to compare to the sheet
metal sheds that I saw over the hill in Mexico, or wherever I think
outside the US we go off the tourist track. John Nichols in Guatamala w/
a hooker sort of epiphany. I am curious to what extent NOLA will be
repopulated not by wanna-be middle class for the tourist industry as
much as by the illegal aliens we keep hearing about on Lou Dobbs.
Particularly that there is such a desperate need for an unskilled
workforce right about now. For those comng to the US from even worse
places NOLA could be a significant upgrade.

][<en