BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:01:02 EDT
Couldn't help but see the word frigging on the list and so figured it was my
friggin duty to offer some  insight as to the origin of semi-pornographic
vocabilities.  Anyway, the word "friggin" is used with regularity in many old
17th and 18th cent. sea chanteys (sp?).  As per this verse  ...."they was
friggin in the riggin"...etc.  Seems the word meant (at that time at least)
to have carnal knowledge of little boys or slow, willing older ones.  As far
as I know, it still means the same thing.  If you don't believe me, just try
telling a sailor to go frig himself.  Hey, I don't make this stuff up, I only
report the news.

Mark