BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:15:39 -0500
 Hi,

I'm getting digest mode daily, but I get a lot of spam, too.  I had to
make a special request to let BP through our server, but perhaps that is
the reason I get more spam that others.  You guys are special, so keep
it clean!

Big question:  does anyone have experience with clock towers and the
materials that could have been used for a white translucent face?
Building in question was late 19th century, and clock tower was changed
out to black/steel in the 1930s, so we're speculating on what to put
back.  Your ideas are most welcome...  For comparison, we found out that
Big Ben in mid-19th century used 3/4" thick opalescent glass.

Thanks.

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA

219 1/2 N. Main Street