BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "the place where the heavy conservationists hang out"
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:12:25 +0100
>>> Barbara Mitchell <[log in to unmask]> 29/07/99 6:44:44 >>> wrote:

"And hey, David, if you've got outhouse documentation projects that need to
be done, I've got a piece of equipment in the office...  Let's see...
Budget:  X square meters data collection times $x, plus airfare...   I knew
I'd get out of this office soon! "

Barbara

No such luck, I'm afraid.
My core interest in this topic is actually in the environmental impact of human waste in wilderness areas.  Seriously, I tried to set up a long-term monitoring project in arid-zone wilderness in northern South Australia ten years ago ... but couldn't get anybody else in the team interested.  So now we have ten years of rainfall data, ten years of vegetation growth data, eight years of photopoint data showing the degradation of the campsite where a group of 6-8 people camp for 2-3 nights once every 3 months ... but no way of assessing the rate of degradation of the shit they leave behind.

Great historical research project for somebody in 2090!

Cheers

david