BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:39:42 EST
In a message dated 02/16/2000 12:44:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I'm trying to find solid sources on the history of ceramic tile used for
>  residential fireplace surrounds and in bathrooms around 1900.  Any leads
>  would be much appreciated.

I checked out this website yesterday... some good commentary, for a
commercial website. This company was included in "Flooring for Historic
Buildings" the Nat'l Trust book that listed companied that do reproduction
work for historic buildings.
 <A HREF="http://www.designsintile.com/index.html">DESIGNS IN TILE Custom
Historic Ceramic Tiles...</A>

One of the other ones mentioned in the book from this area was the Moravian
Tile Works in Doylestown PA. I know more about individual tile companies than
overall history. I'll keep looking for a good comprehensive source in my
files.

-Heidi