BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:50:36 EDT
Im not sure its been done; but a worldside survey might show that folks from
New Jersey live in some of the most faraway outposts in the world.....you
wrote

I feel compelled to comment, as I live in the "Squished State." For all the
complaints about New Jersey, I do believe we are the most populous state in
the Union. I keep hoping people will leave, so that'll be just one less
person I have to mow down on the Turnpike in the morning. We need every
square foot we can get out hands on.....
stories on Ellis prompted this memory....
As a young scruff I lived in Hoboken; in those days we had access to pier C
and used old life boats from the Holland America line; in which we jerry
rigged tarps for sails and made for Ellis with the outgoing tide; there we
would idle the day a way playing pirate with neer do well girls from Jersey
City running in and out of the ruins of the fabeled compound ;(once we had a
all day egg fight with youths from Elizabeth who sallied our coastal defences
with rag tag canoes in a desperate attempt to capture the neer do
wells.....We often camped and had a bonfire at night before catching the
incoming tide .....but not before releasing all our captives. Now you say I
got to pay money to get into Ellis?.........Best .....Michael