BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 07:55:33 -0500
Laura & I have returned from a very productive conference indeed.

On a personal level, we stayed at the historic Westin on High St.
downtown. It is a great old building, although the modern man in me was
forced to complain about the non-functioning data port at the desk in
our room. (Rudy's First Rule of Order: When you don't get what you
want...bitch!) They didn't fix it, but the jury rig they provided was
workable.

Turns out this was the first statewide building conservation conference
and it was well supported. Made a lot of good contacts and receptioned
with many old preservation friends.

The highlight was indeed Edward T. McMahon's presentation at the
Columbus Metrpolitan Club luncheon. His case for heritage tourism and
urban revitalization based on conservation and adaptive re-use was
fabulous! I would strongly recommend him as a keynote if anyone is
looking.

Signed: Headed back out to wrestle the developer bear.

Rudy