BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steven Elkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Preservationist Protection Program <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:42:35 EDT
This is very interesting. I had no idea there were laws against producing
quicklime. This material can be very dangerous if someone tried to slake lime
in an enclosed area. Take for instance a story a driver told me about several
years ago. There was a driver who was delivering quicklime or what is called
pebble lime in the industry. This is basically quicklime in pebble form and
size. Somehow the driver unknowingly introduced water into the enclosed
trailer and as the reaction started it had no where to go, so you know what
happens then, BOOOOMMM!!!!!
According to the story the driver was not found....

Steve Elkins
Savannah, GA.