BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:14:25 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Ward Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, October 16, 1998 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: Warsaw Old City was Gas stations and Yada Yada

>well, in the case of warsaw, perhaps there was no 'restoration' -- as
>witold said, there was nothing left to restore.

What I was trying to say - it was restoration. No restoration was in the
original Michael Davidson posting.
In any case the work done in the Warsaw has all the characteristics of
restoration starting with broad research programs (which took longer than
most of the construction), landmark commision and restoration proffessionals
supervision and using traditional methods of construction or should I say
craftmanship. I do not want to kill Bullamanka with iconography rearding
this very complex and broad issue just to score the point but I will try to
post bibliograhy regarding the subject accessible in US.

Witold Karwowski